- Understand the principles included in the Celebrate Freedom week
- Understand traditional points of reference in U.S. history through 1877
- Understand the causes of exploration and colonization ears
- Understand the foundations of representatives government in the United States
- Understand significant political and economic issues of the revolutionary era
- Understand the challenges confronted by the government and its leaders in the early years of the republic and the Age of Jackson
- Understand westward expansion and its effects on the political, economic, and social development of the nation
- Understand how political, economic, and social factors led to the growth of sectionalism and the Civil War
- Understand the effects of Reconstruction on the political, economic, and social life of the nation
- Understand the location and characteristics of places and regions of the United States, past and present
- Understands the physical characteristics of North America and how humans adapted to and modified the environment through the mid-19th century
- Understand why various sections of the United States developed different patterns of economic activity
- Understand how various economic forces resulted in the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century
- Understand the origins and development of the free enterprise system in the United States
- Understand the American beliefs and principles reflected in the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and other important historic documents.
- Understand the process of changing the U.S. Constitution and the impact of amendments on American society
- Understand the dynamic nature of the powers of the national government and state government and state governments in a federal system.
- Understand the impact of landmark Supreme Court cases
- Understand the right and responsibilities of citizens of the United States
- Understand the importance of voluntary individual participation in the democratic process
- Understand the importance of the expression of different points of view in a constitutional republic
- Understand the relationships between and among people from various groups, including racial, ethnic and religious groups, during the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries
- Understand the major reform movements of the 19th century.
- Understand the impact of religion on the American way of life
- Understand the relationship between the arts and the times during which they were created
- Understand the impact of science and technology on the economic development of the United States
- Understand the impact of scientific discoveries and technological innovations on daily life in the United States
- Student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired from a variety of valid sources, including electronic technology.
- Student communicates in written, oral, and visual forms.
- Student uses geographic tools to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Student uses problem-solving and decision-making skills, working independently and with others, in a variety of settings.
Important historical dates that you will need to know for the STAAR/TAKS test.
Important people, events and vocabulary that you will learn and need to know on STARR/TAKS Test.
US History to 1877